What are cookies and similar technology?
Cookies: Cookies are small text files that we place in your browser. Cookies perform various tasks (including remembering your preferences) and are an important part of improving your experience of Our Website. There are three main types of cookies:
• Session cookies: remain in your browser during your browser session only, ie until you leave the website.
• Persistent cookies: remain in your browser after the session (unless deleted by you).
• Performance cookies: collect information about your use of the website, such as webpages visited and any error messages; they do not collect personally identifiable information, and the information collected is aggregated such that it is anonymous. Performance cookies are used to improve how a website works.
• Functionality cookies: allow the website to remember any choices you make about the website (such as changes to text size, customised pages) or enable services such as commenting on a blog.
• Third party cookies: placed by someone other than us which may gather data across multiple websites or sessions.
What cookies do we use?
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Website and use its features. The information collected relates to the operation of Our Website (e.g. website scripting language and security tokens) and enables us to provide you with the service you have requested.
• Analytical / performance cookies. These cookies collect information on how users use Our Website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages and how you arrived at Our Website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of Our Website. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic and analysis services. We use Google Analytics. For information on how Google processes and collects your information and how you can opt out, please see the table below providing for a Google Analytics opt-out link.
• Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to remember the choices you have made, for example the country you visit Our Website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size and other parts of the web pages that you can customise to improve your user experience and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our Website and the information (including marketing information) displayed on it more relevant to Your interests and to measure the effectiveness of and marketing or information initiatives We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. They remember the other websites you visit and this information is shared with third party organizations.
• Google AdWords and Google AdSense. These cookies are used for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.
• Quantcast. These cookies provide website rankings, and the data they collect is also used for audience segmentation and targeted advertising.
Similar technologies: In addition to cookies, we use some other similar technologies as follows:
• Web Beacons: small graphic images included on Our Website or emails or those of third parties to provide analytics information
• Local shared objects: these are sometimes called flash cookies and can be stored on your browser. They are used to maintain preferences and usage records.
What do we do with cookies?
We also implement cookies for technical-essential, functional and purely analytical purposes. For these Cookies, consent is not required as they should not affect your privacy.
Additionally, when visitors request pages from Our Websites, Silverfernfarms’ servers log the visitor’s Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). Your IP address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your query, enable us to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of Our Websites for purposes of system administration, to infer a visitor’s geographic location, to track the use of Our Websites, and to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our policies.
How to block cookies
Most internet browsers are set up by default to accept cookies. By changing your browser settings, you can set your browser preferences to not accept any cookies from our Website). However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. Please note that each browser has a different procedure for managing and configuring cookies. Refer to your browser “Help”.
If you have any queries, please contact us by writing to Silver Fern Farms Limited, Privacy Officer, 283 Princes Street, Dunedin 9054, Dunedin, New Zealand, or by emailing